About the Department
Vision of Educational Studies Department
Department of Educational Studies at Rustaq College of Education seeks to achieve quality and excellence and to have a prominent place among the colleges of education in the Sultanate of Oman, by preparing a teacher characterized by knowledge, creativity and professionalism, in order to help meet the ever-changing local and national needs.
Mission of Educational Studies Department
Providing high-quality programs in preparing Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English teachers in pre-university education to cope with the needs of the educational field, serving national development plans, and also contributing to achieving sustainable development goals.
Goals of Educational Studies Department
1. Preparing qualified cadres capable of improving the teaching process to promote sustainable development in Omani society.
2. Developing students with knowledge, skills and emotion through preparing distinguished programs in the fields of Curricula and Teaching Methods, Educational Technology, Educational Psychology, Mental Health, School Administration and Pedagogy.
3. Defining students to the modern educational trends and the new continuous developments in the educational field.
4. Introducing service programs, courses, lectures and workshops in the educational and psychological fields that meet the needs of the college and the local community.
5. Developing the efficiency of research performance for faculty members in the department.
6. Developing effective partnership with educational and research institutions in society.
Values of Educational Studies Department
Higher education sector in Oman aims to produce high-quality outputs that meet the requirements of sustainable development in the Sultanate. So, Outputs should saturated with the following core values:
1. Professionalism: Both Colleges of Applied Sciences (CAS) and Rustaq College of Education (RCoE) have met with knowledge, skill, competition, responsibility, professionalism, and honesty, as well as vocational behavior.
2. Transparency: Both Colleges of Applied Sciences (CAS) and Rustaq College of Education (RCoE) respond to all issues with openness, fairness, and sound opinion.
3. Loyalty: Both Colleges of Applied Sciences (CAS) and Rustaq College of Education (RCoE) instill in their students and faculty members the values of commitment to excellence and national belonging.
4. Partnership: Both Colleges of Applied Sciences (CAS) and Rustaq College of Education (RCoE) work to spread knowledge of the country s welfare, cooperating with students and all other community institutions.
5. Service Orientation: Both Colleges of Applied Sciences (CAS) and Rustaq College of Education (RCoE) adopt the highest service standards effectively, and manage their resources effectively.